HOW TO APPLY
The student application for the 2016-17 DCPS Study Abroad program is now open! Application deadline: 11:59 PM EST on Monday, November 7, 2016.
Please read the below information, check out our last year's trips and review the information below to ensure that you are ready to apply!
Are you eligible to participate in DCPS Study Abroad?
- Do you currently attend a District of Columbia Public School (DCPS)?
- Are you currently in the 8th grade, 11th grade, or Certificate 3 (C3)?
- Have you studied a World Language?
- 11th grade students: Must have completed, or be currently enrolled in, a Level 2 World Language course or higher.
- 8th grade students: Must have completed a World Language course this School Year.
- Certificate 3 students: Must pursue World Language study
If you answered "yes" to those three questions, then you're eligible to apply for DCPS Study Abroad!
What's on the Study Abroad Application?
- We will need your basic information: name, address, school, email, if you have a current passport, and parent/guardian contact information.
- We will ask you to select your top 3 trips, and list in order of preference. The 2016-17 trips have not yet been identified, but you can read more about last year's trips for 8th or 11th grade on this site. (Certificate 3 students should refer to 11th grade trips for representative itineraries.)
- We will ask for one reference, their contact information and a letter of recommendation. This person should be a teacher or another adult who knows you well but is not related to you.
- We will ask for five short answer essays; take time in advance to review and prepare your answers to the questions linked here. The suggested length is 200-300 words per question.