The 2016-17 dcps Study abroad app is closed
At this time, we are no longer accepting student applications for the 2016-17 DCPS Study Abroad program.
If you are interested in applying next year, please check out past trips and review eligibility requirements below.
SAMPLE 8th GRADE TRIPS
What's on the Study Abroad Application?
- We will need your basic information: name, address, school, email, if you have a current passport, and parent/guardian contact information.
- We will ask you where in the world you most want to travel and what type of trip you want to participate in. Not sure what type of trip is best for you? You can read sample 8th or 11th grade trip itineraries on this site. (Certificate 3 students should refer to 11th grade trips for representative itineraries.)
- We will ask for one reference, their contact information and a letter of recommendation. This person should be a teacher or another adult who knows you well but is not related to you.
- We will ask for five short-answer essays; take time in advance to review and prepare your answers to the questions. The suggested length is 200-300 words per question.
Are you eligible to participate in DCPS Study Abroad?
- Do you currently attend a District of Columbia Public School (DCPS)?
- Are you currently in the 8th grade, 11th grade, or Certificate 3 (C3)?
- Have you studied a World Language?
- 11th grade students: Must have completed, or be currently enrolled in, a Level 2 World Language course or higher.
- 8th grade students: Must have completed a World Language course this School Year.
- Certificate 3 students: Must pursue World Language study
If you answered "yes" to those three questions, then you're eligible to apply for DCPS Study Abroad!